School Day Shows
BG OnStage has become one of the region’s premier educational arts organizations providing school day performances for thousands of children and young adults ranging in age from 6 to 18. All productions are by local actors – no tour groups! BG OnStage is the resident community theatre for WKU’s Van Meter Hall.
Check out our upcoming school day performances here. Call 270-282- 6166, email email@example.com or use our contact form to reserve your class today! We will email a form for you to fill out to confirm your reservation. See below for more information.
School day shows are open to the public, but there is limited seating.
- School day tickets are $6 per person, with one free teacher or chaperone ticket for every 10 student tickets purchased.
- Payment can be made in advance or on the day of the show. If you need to adjust or cancel your reservation, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Your invoice may be adjusted any time prior to 48 hours before the show date, if space allows. However, your invoice will remain the same if left unchanged by the time of the show. It does not matter if your student number has changed, you will be responsible for the amount on the invoice and if there is a missing portion, your school with be invoiced the difference.
- Parents or other adults who want to attend are only guaranteed seating with your group if they are included in your reservation.
- We assign seating for groups by the numbers we receive during the reservation process. Anyone not registered with the group MUST stop by the table in Van Meter’s lobby before the show to purchase a $6 ticket and be directed to available seating.
Van Meter Hall
All school day performances are in Western Kentucky University’s Van Meter Hall.
- No food or drink or any kind is permitted inside the auditorium.
- Handicapped parking spaces are available with ramp access. Handicap spaces are located just outside Van Meter Auditorium around the side drive of the building with additional spaces just past the auditorium near the Garrett Conference Center and near the Colonnade.
- The accessible entrance into Van Meter Hall is located on the ground level of the building in the tunnel beneath the main staircase leading into the building. Once inside, please follow the interior corridor for elevator access to the auditorium floors.
- Restrooms are fully accessible and are equipped with braille signage, located on the 1st and 2nd floors. Wheelchair and limited mobility access and seating available inside.
- Visitors driving separately must park in Alumni Square Parking Garage, accessible from Kentucky Street and Alumni Drive, which offers visitor parking at an hourly rate.
- Bus loading/unloading procedures will be sent with your reservation confirmation, or you can download them here.